The following is an announcement from Mount Tateshina Shokoji Temple.
Notice of Recruitment of Children for Mantoe Festival
On July 17 (national holiday), Shokoji Temple will hold its annual children’s parade. Children play a sacred role in serving the Buddha, and this event is held to pray for the future blessings of children and their healthy growth both physically and mentally. This year, a procession will be held from the Tateshina Tourist Information Center to the temple before the Mantoe Festival.
We would like to invite all families’ children and their friends and acquaintances to participate in this event.
- Date and Time: July 17 (national holiday), 5:30 p.m. : assemble at Tateshina Tourist Information Center, 6:30 p.m. : procession departs
- Participation fee: 2,500 yen (please bring on that day)
- Participants: Nursery school, kindergarten, and elementary school students (grades 1-6), male and female.
- What to bring: Yukata
- Please apply to the temple by Monday, July 10, using this application form.
- Inquiries: Shokoji Temple TEL 0266-67-2397 FAX 0266-67-3400
- Photos: All participants will receive a commemorative photo.
- Souvenirs: In addition to the photos, participants will receive commemorative souvenirs.